probably Colonial Inka (Inca) (attributed)
Temple of the Sun; Isla de la Luna (Isla de Coáti, Koati Island), Lago Titicaca (Lake Titicaca); Manco Kapac Province; La Paz Department; Bolivia
Cotton yarn, camelid wool yarn, dye/dyes
Excavated by an unknown party from the Temple of the Sun, or possibly the "Temple of the Virgins of the Sun," at an unknown date; sold to Eduardo del Valle at an unknown date; purchased by Louis Chable from Eduardo Del Valle in 1893; purchased by MAI from Louis Chable in 1916 using funds donated by MAI trustee James B. Ford (1844-1928).
120 x 120 x 110.5 cm
Click on the image or the magnifying glass to see a larger view; click again to close the pop-up window. Scroll through Other Images and Media to see other views of this item; click on any image to make it appear in the larger window. Catalog card scans are provided to illustrate the information that originally accompanied the objects. Please recognize that unacceptable or offensive terminology represents historic data and not NMAI's current usage.